This can be a case research from Zenus. Look for more details about Event Supervisor Weblog’s case studies.
Keller Williams (KW) Family Reunion is likely one of the actual estate business’s most powerful coaching occasions. The inaugural occasion passed off in 2005 in Las Vegas and attracted an audience of 7,400 individuals. In 2019, the four-day conference in New Orleans welcomed a crowd of over 18,000 individuals.
That super progress left Keller Williams organizers in search of a solution that might give them larger insights into crowd stream and simpler, extra environment friendly check-in and registration.
- 1 The Occasion
- 2 The Objective
- 3 The Challenges
- 4 Poor high quality pictures.
- 5 A preponderance of noise.
- 6 A lack of know-how of the know-how.
- 7 Tough software program integration.
- 8 Justifying the return on funding.
- 9 Understanding implementation.
- 10 How Have been the Goals Achieved?
- 11 The Street to 68% Attendee Participation
- 12 What they discovered
- 13 What they discovered
- 14 What they discovered
- 15 How Facial Know-how Labored At Household Reunion
- 16 Utilized Studying for Your Subsequent Event
- 17 In Conclusion
The Family Reunion event introduced collectively hundreds of Keller Williams’ prime brokers, management and executives for four action-packed days of networking and training.
This annual occasion serves to re-energize attendees with the Vision and State of Your Company presentation and bulletins but in addition assists them in taking their enterprise to the subsequent degree by studying from the perfect real estate entrepreneurs within the enterprise, attending inspiring periods, and immersing themselves in KW tradition.
- keyboard_arrow_right The occasion lasted four days from February 16-19, 2019
- keyboard_arrow_right It was held at the Ernest N. Morial Conference Middle in New Orleans
- keyboard_arrow_right Over 18,000 brokers, managers and KW executives converged on NOLA for this event
Keller Williams used the Zenus face recognition service along side fielddrive’s reside badge printing to realize their essential objective: streamlining the registration and check-in course of by way of increased attendee participation in facial recognition.
This was the third time KW used facial recognition for straightforward check-in and registration, in order that they have been capable of get forward of past challenges. To provide you an concept of what to look out for in your future events, listed here are a few of the issues KW discovered to overcome:
Poor high quality pictures.
Some attendees might add a blurry picture or a gaggle shot, and these footage are simply not suitable for facial recognition. Implementing an image high quality examine solves this drawback.
A preponderance of noise.
One e-mail call to action gained’t end in 100% participation, because of the massive quantity of ‘noise’ on the market vying for attendees’ consideration. A marketing campaign involving a couple of well-timed e mail reminders improves participation several-fold.
A lack of know-how of the know-how.
Getting individuals to know the advantages of facial recognition and the safety behind it is integral to a pleasing experience. Pictures are immediately discarded upon enrollment, and biometric knowledge is deleted inside one week after the occasion ends. Zenus never accesses individuals’s names and e-mail addresses.
Tough software program integration.
The mixing course of could be a huge ache level. Nevertheless, facial recognition can function as an add-on, so integration is just not all the time vital.
Justifying the return on funding.
How does one quantify the return on funding? Facial recognition will increase check-in velocity by 2-5x, bringing the whole transaction time to 9 seconds (including badge printing).
Some event planners who implement facial recognition assume they need to spend a lot of time and money integrating it into their registration system. With the assistance of fielddrive, KW was in a position to use Zenus’ facial recognition system along side their online registration software system. Hence, they bypassed what might have been a pricey integration with out sacrificing any performance.
How Have been the Goals Achieved?
Partnering with Zenus and fielddrive and utilizing classes from their earlier occasions, KW created a top quality verify and process to optimize outcomes and utilization that. Particularly, they carried out the next:
- keyboard_arrow_right Using facial recognition software program to verify individuals in shortly, no fumbling for tickets or passes
- keyboard_arrow_right Making certain maximal attendee participation with e mail marketing campaign, directing attendees to a branded microsite and prompting them to take a selfie or add an image
- keyboard_arrow_right Educating attendees on what was in it for them (easier registration and check-in) if they participated
- keyboard_arrow_right Prompting registrants for a high-quality headshot if a lesser one was uploaded
The Street to 68% Attendee Participation
The occasion was the third use of facial recognition software program for Keller Williams, they usually needed to extend adoption and the standard of the pictures submitted to make using the know-how rather more efficient.
Enhancing the Choose-in for Facial Recognition.
Keller Williams and Zenus personalised the strategy they took towards adoption to scale back challenges over the course of three occasions: Spring Masterminds, Mega Camp, and Family Reunion.
Spring Masterminds (April 2018)
KW requested attendees to add their photograph through the online registration process using the built-in performance provided by the registration provider.
What they discovered
A top quality verify is important to getting one of the best pictures.
Registered attendees: 1,360
Collaborating attendees: 664
Choose-in fee: 49%
Mega Camp (August 2018)
KW collected footage online and with a follow-up e mail marketing campaign. The e-mail campaign included a button prompting registered attendees to submit their headshot. Clicking on the button linked customers to a custom-branded microsite developed by Zenus.
This microsite welcomed the attendees by identify and provided two options to submit a photograph:
- keyboard_arrow_right take a selfie
- keyboard_arrow_right upload an present picture
Uploaded photographs underwent a fast quality examine to ensure they matched the requirements for accurate face recognition.
What they discovered
Utilizing e mail campaigns for amassing photographs would possible have sufficed as hundreds of people opted in main up to the event and a pair thousand on the day of the occasion itself.
Registered attendees: 8,924
Collaborating attendees: 5,826
Choose-in price: 65%
FAMILY REUNION (February 2019)
KW determined to remove the upload step from registration totally. They used e mail blasts solely. Registrants acquired a affirmation e mail, which included a button to submit a headshot. They acquired follow-up reminders too.
What they discovered
Personalised emails sent after registration and out of doors of the affirmation e-mail yielded a better opt-in fee.
Pre-event Registrations: 17,727
Initial opt-in on the affirmation e mail: 15%
First e-mail reminder: A further 28%
Last attendee participation: 12,107
Ultimate complete as of the event: 68%
Right here is an e-mail instance of the scheduled reminders to improve participation:
Listed here are two examples of the image analyzer and quality score utilizing (i) a poor high quality picture and (ii) an image appropriate for face recognition:
The picture assortment microsite analyzed the image to examine for a lot of points:
- There was no face in the photograph
- A gaggle photograph with multiple faces was submitted
- The top pose and general high quality was insufficient for facial recognition
Actual-time, specific suggestions guided the registrant to make sure correct enrollment.
How Facial Know-how Labored At Household Reunion
The day of the event: KW occasion planners had 15 kiosks fitted with an ordinary web-camera. As attendees walked towards the kiosks, the digital camera scanned their face. If a match was found, the system returned a message welcoming them by identify. If a match was not discovered, the attendees have been asked to either scan their barcode or enter their identify.
The truth that all fielddrive kiosks have been outfitted with facial recognition made the check-in straightforward.
Recognition time: underneath one second
Web consumption per kiosk: lower than 1Mbps.
Attendees didn’t have to worry about printing out tickets or fumbling for identification.
Knowledge security notice: Pictures have been instantly discarded upon enrollment and biometric knowledge was deleted one week after the occasion ended.
Utilized Studying for Your Subsequent Event
Utilizing know-how to enhance efficiency is a superb concept. Listed here are a couple of ideas for the implementation course of:
- keyboard_arrow_right Facial recognition significantly reduces check-in time. A clean check-in expertise units the tone for an fulfilling attendee expertise
- keyboard_arrow_right Don’t really feel the strain to seek out facial recognition solutions that have built-in integrations together with your present software program. Zenus can be utilized at the side of your other instruments, and can be found that will help you acquire the pictures you need
- keyboard_arrow_right Amassing good high quality footage online is important to success, but don’t depart it as much as attendees to guage what’s good quality. Use a system that gives instant suggestions and a top quality score
- keyboard_arrow_right If directing registrants to a microsite, brand it to the occasion in order that they don’t feel like they’re going to an unknown website, and personalize the welcome display
- keyboard_arrow_right Have backup options, like barcode scanning and e-mail lookups on all check-in stations, to keep issues shifting for attendees who haven’t enrolled for face recognition
- keyboard_arrow_right Depart the digital camera at the check-in kiosk on, and implement face recognition via a video stream (some registration corporations use face recognition with nonetheless pictures, and the check-in interface asks the attendees to take an image and submit it, after which it identifies them, which slows down the method)
- keyboard_arrow_right Use face recognition in all check-in kiosks, and never just devoted strains, as a result of individuals won’t keep in mind if they have uploaded a picture
Facial recognition occasions have gotten increasingly more fashionable because of the elevated effectivity in dealing with giant crowds and the qualitative and logistical knowledge planners can derive from visitors evaluation.
For planners considering facial recognition, there are some greatest practices you’ll need to remember, including including a top quality verify to ensure a useable picture as well as e mail reminder campaigns and schooling on the benefits to attendees with a view to enhance consumer participation.